Argyll Directory – FAQ’s
- What is the Argyll Directory?
- What are the benefits of joining?
- Do I have to pay to add my business/website?
- If it’s free for a listing how good is it?
- What if I forget my username and password?
- Can I change my password?
- Can I remove my details?
- Can I change my business details?
- If I know of a listed business that is no longer operating (but it isn’t mine) can I request for it to be removed?
- What if I can’t find a suitable category?
1. What is the Argyll Directory?
The Argyll Directory is a free resource for Argyll & Bute based Businesses and Websites.
2. What are the benefits of joining?
Millions of people use the internet every day to find businesses and services, this directory is one of hundreds in the UK but it has the advantage of providing a service for purely Argyll & Bute Based Businesses and Websites.
3. Do I have to pay to add my business/website?
No, a listing is always FREE on the Argyll Directory. It’s FREE to register your business/website or update your existing details on the Directory at any time.
Once you add or modify your details, they usually go live within 15 minutes. This is to allow for cached pages to clear.
4. If it’s free for a listing how good is it?
In short, very good. Search engines like Google crawl this site regularly and the site is search engine friendly. It’s also maintained by real people, not bots, who make sure that the quality of the information is high. Good quality directories like this are usually respected by search engines and listings in the Argyll Directory can help your search engine rankings.
5. What if I forget my username and password?
Please click the ‘forgot password’ link under the login option..
6. How can I change my password?
Login and update your password on your profile page.
7. How do I remove my details?
Contact us using the details on the Contact Us page.
8. How do I change my business/website details?
Login using your username and password and update the details for your entry as required.
Update the details as often as you like, change of address, phone number etc.
9. I know of a business/website that is no longer operating, but it is not mine, can I request for it to be removed?
Yes, if the information is invalid please contact us using the details on the Contact Us page.
10. What if I can’t find a suitable category?
The Argyll Directory has many general and specific categories, similar to what you would find on other good directories. If you still can’t fit your business/website into one of these, contact us and we will help.